Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/11


1/11/11 9:10 PM
Adjustments are still being made. I still haven’t managed to get through a night without waking up, but hopefully tonight will be different. We haven’t quite figured out the bus system, today we waited for the bus for 2 hours before just having our host dad come pick us up. Luckily, we have connections and will be getting a ride to and from school most days. When I found this out, I was relieved more than you can imagine. Cape Town is a bit rough, to be honest, and if something were to happen… I think it would most likely happen on the public transportation system. So, it’s a good thing we won’t be using it as much!
I’m tired, but not homesick. I got to skype with Taran this morning J so that was great. It was a bit difficult focusing in class at first afterwards, haha. I was frazzled and excited. But don’t worry, Mom, I focused for most of it!
I talked to the registrar today about figuring out my classes. I have to now e-mail the people at Fox to find out what exactly I can and can’t do, but it’s nice to have the ball rolling with that. It has been made clear that Cornerstone’s work load is crazy busy, so I’m hoping to only have to take 3 classes and then my classroom observation time. Time will tell, I guess.
My eyes are getting heavier by the second, so I’m going to call it a night. Much love to all.

2 comments:

  1. Shelly, Thanks so much for keeping this blog - what a great tool to be able to share with friends and family. Loved the photo of penguins. I shared the address with Kate and Lara. Hope they'll check in with you. Sending lots of love, nita

    ReplyDelete